- Columbus, Ohio
- Capital University
With a 53-acre landlocked campus and a student population of 3,300 (with a goal of 4,500 by 2021), Capital teamed with The Collaborative to develop a Master Plan that better utilizes the space that is currently available and meets the needs of an expanding student body.
The University’s last Plan, developed in 2004, was too ambitious and provided little use, therefore it’s essential that The Collaborative’s new plan coordinate with the strategic plan to create realistic and attainable goals. That being said, a portion of the process was dedicated to evaluating the infrastructure distribution system to make sure it could support new building initiatives.
Master Plan Initiatives include:
• Increasing campus transparency along East Main Street
• New academic building
• New student housing options
• Renovating and expanding the Moore Campus Center
• New campus green south of Mound Street
• Improved pedestrian connectivity N/S and E/W
• Upgrading existing athletic facilities